What is Microblading?
- Microblading is an artistic form of semi-permanent brow tattoo, the procedure is done by using a hand tool with ultra fine needles and each ‘hair’ is gently etched into the skin, giving an incredibly natural and realistic look. Microblading can dramatically correct lost eyebrow and is excellent for those wanting to enhance fullness or who have little to no eyebrows, thinning brows from age or over tweezed brows. pigments used are chosen to match the natural or desired brow color and skin tone will also be taken into consideration. Cosmetic tattooing, unlike body art tattooing, is much more superficial to the skin, body tattoo uses ink while cosmetic tattoo procedures involve pigment.
How long does Microblading last?
- brows can last up to 12-18 months depending on skin type, care, and life style. Touchups yearly or bi-yearly are required.
Does Microblading hurt?
- A highly effective topical anesthetic cream and gel are used for numbing before and during the procedure. Pain threshold levels vary form person to person and every effort is made to ensure you remain comfortable for the entirety of the procedure. Having this service during our menstrual cycle may increase discomfort during your procedure. If you are a frequent smoker, the topical anesthetics used during the treatment will not last as long. If you have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, be aware that this may affect your sensitivity tolerance to the procedure.
During initial appointment
- A discussion of what style of brow is desired will be discussed and finalize.
- Brow mapping on the face of desired style and shape will be performed and finalize.
- Numbing before and during treatment will be performed.
- One last look and the magic will begin.
During touch-up appointment
- This treatment is not a must unless needed.
- An assessment will be performed.
- This appointment will be to touch-up any imperfections, such as fading of strokes, fading of color, or simply wanting a darker bolder look.
How to get ready for your treatment?
- You may fill in brows the day of treatment, this will allow me to get an idea of your style.
- No Caffeine the day of procedure.
- No alcohol 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid sun and tanning two weeks prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid fish oil, prenatal vitamins, hair, skin, nail, supplements 48 hours prior to procedure.
- Discontinue: Tretinoin/Retinols, Chemical Peels and Laser Treatments, microdermabrassion, and Alpha Hydroxy Acids at least two weeks prior (avoid on eyebrow area after procedure to prevent premature fading).
- Botox and filler on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided 2 weeks prior to procedure.
- No brow waxing, tinting, or threading two weeks prior (the more natural hair growth you have, the better).
Permanent makeup is NOT recommended for any clients who are or have:
- Under 18 years old
- Pregnant or Nursing
- Transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Tendency towards keloids or scarring
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin irritations including: sunburn, rash, psoriasis, eczema, near or on the area of treatment
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Used Accutane in the past 8 Months
- Allergic to anesthetic (Lidocaine)
How long will my brows take to heal?
- None to minimal down time. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal over, and about 1 month for the color to fully set in. You’ll notice the color is very light right after the two weeks after healing, the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it.
Cancellation or Reschedule Policy
We ask that you please reschedule or cancel at least 48 hours before the beginning of your appointment or you may be charged a cancellation fee of $100 for new clients, $50 for existing clients. For rescheduling please check out availability on our website under booking, let us know which opening works best.